Invisalign Clear Braces
Were you unable to have orthodontic treatment as a child? Or did you wear braces but your teeth relapsed because you didn’t wear your retainer as instructed? Until recently, the only option to help adults with misaligned or relapsed teeth was to spend years in metal braces.
Of course, this wasn’t an option at all for adults who didn’t want to deal with the inconvenience or appearance of braces. But at our Midland Park dental office, we offer Invisalign. Invisalign is an adult orthodontic system that transforms a crooked smile without the need for a mouthful of metal or years of treatment.
How Invisalign Is Different
Instead of metal brackets and wires affixed to your teeth, Invisalign clear aligners look and fit like a dental night guard that slips over your teeth. We use Invisalign to correct many of the same problems as braces:
- Crowded teeth
- Teeth with uneven gaps
- Open bite
Invisalign offers several benefits compared to traditional orthodontics:
- The crystal-clear plastic used for your aligners makes them virtually invisible when worn.
- There is no metal and wire to poke into and irritate sensitive tissue in the mouth.
- Since you can remove the aligners, you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods and brush and floss as usual.
- For adults, treatment can take as little as a year; treatment times for teens average about 24 to 36 months.
Planning Your Invisalign Treatment
The first step is to meet with Dr. Misato or Dr. Venuti who performs a thorough evaluation to determine if treatment with Invisalign is right for you.
- Next, we take comfortable digital impressions of your teeth. The data we collect is then used with specialized software to develop a 3-D model of your teeth. Our doctors use this model to plan out the movement of your teeth through each stage of treatment.
- We send your treatment plan to an Invisalign lab that prepares a series of clear plastic aligners according to our specifications.
- Each set of aligner trays is unique and customized to move your teeth into the desired position gradually.
- Our doctors will instruct you to wear each set for 22 hours a day for about two weeks and then move to the next set of aligners.
You will proceed like this, step by step, until all you have used all your aligners and treatment is complete. The number of aligners needed varies significantly from patient to patient. Some cases require as many as 30 to 40 sets to achieve the desired results.
Is Invisalign the Right Choice for You?
Millions of adults and teens have enjoyed the ease of treatment with Invisalign, and we would love to help you decide if it’s the right approach for you. Please call our Midland Park dental office to arrange a consultation with Dr. Misato or Dr. Venuti to get started.