I’d like a straighter smile but don’t want metal braces. What are my options?
If you’re an adult who wants to fix crooked or crowded teeth but doesn’t have the time to deal with metal braces, Invisalign clear braces may be the solution you need.
Instead of metal brackets and wires affixed to your teeth, Invisalign crystal-clear plastic aligners fit comfortably over your teeth like a mouth guard.
Invisalign offers several advantages compared to treatment with traditional braces:
- The smooth plastic surface makes Invisalign comfortable and easy to wear.
- Since the aligners are removable for meals and hygiene, there are no food restrictions.
- Keeping your teeth clean is easy because you take the aligners out to brush and floss.
- The crystal-clear aligners blend with your smile and most people won’t notice them.
- Treatment times with Invisalign are typically about 12 to 15 months for adults.
Dr. Misato Fukuda is a certified Invisalign provider, so you know that you can count on her to deliver outstanding results. The process starts with a consultation at our office to talk to you about your concerns and see if Invisalign is a good fit for you.
Next, we take x-rays, digital impressions, and photos that we use to develop your treatment plan. When your custom aligners are ready, we’ll instruct you to wear each for at least 22 hours a day for two weeks. Then you’ll move to the next set in the series, and when you’ve gone through all your aligners, treatment will be finished.
If you would like more information about Invisalign clear braces at our Midland Park dental office, please call to arrange a consultation so we can help you achieve your best smile!